Commercial Transactions and Litigation
Considering Puerto Rico’s status as a civil code jurisdiction with particular local laws protecting both distributors and sales representatives, as well as other types of commercial transactions, it is important you have counsel fully knowledgeable and experienced in local commercial statutes as well as those federal statutes and regulations applicable to Puerto Rico.
Our Firm boasts a group of seasoned and knowledgeable attorneys who fully understand these particular laws and regulations and who have experience in handling commercial transactions and litigation in a cost-effective manner.
Specific services provided within this area of practice are:
- Commercial Lending
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate and Derivative Disputes
- Dealership, Distribution and Sales Representative Agreements
- Landlord Tenant Disputes
- Litigation of Commercial Disputes
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Start-up Business Counseling
- Unfair Competition and Trademark Infringement Disputes
Some of our attorneys’ most relevant achievements include:
- The drafting and negotiation of numerous distribution agreements for a local food distributor.
- The handling of litigation under Puerto Rico laws regulating dealers, distributors and sales representatives.
- The handling of litigation of the validity of a non-compete agreement.
- The handling of unfair competition litigation between competing businesses.